Thursday, April 23, 2009

Task5 Carbon FootPrint

I measured my carbon footprint at
http://footprint.wwf.org.uk/

& it was 2.69.


I answered many questions about my lifestyle and my carbon footprint is one of the lowest in the class. My friends’ carbon footprints are 4.39, 3.64, 3.3 and 2.22. The average of the carbon footprint in my class is 3.86 which is a very high level.


In the UAE, the footprint is a common problem; it has the highest carbon footprint per capita in the world and I think this is because of our industry and our lifestyle. In the UAE all the companies, colleges and shops spend a lot of carbon footprint. In my opinion there are also many reasons for the highest levels of carbon footprint. For example, UAE people travel many times in the year which is increasing the carbon footprint in the UAE.


What can I do to reduce my carbon footprint?

To reduce my carbon footprint there are many ways. The first way is to reduce my yearly traveling because I’m traveling many times yearly. Another way is to reduce my uses of the electricity because I’m using the electricity a lot every day while I’m using my computer surfing the internet. Yet another way to reduce my carbon footprint is to change my car but I really can’t do this. One of the most important ways is to use the public transportation because buses can take more people with one consumption for the energy.


Overall, there are many ways to reduce this percentage of the carbon footprint, but no one really wants to change his lifestyle. I think that this problem will continue to increase and will not stop at this level. In my own opinion, the scientists must make people aware and discover new ways that cost less energy to save our planet.




No comments: